Friday, August 31, 2007

They Don't Call It LABOR DAY for Nothing

I had my second interview with TCC today. It went pretty good. I wasn't completely happy with my answers to the scenarios that were given, but I doubt I would ever be, considering how picky I am. They will call next week to let me know if I got the job or not. I also had an interview with TCC on Tues, but with a different campus. The position is almost the same, but not as intense and pays $12.22 an hour. They too will call next week.

Mom and I get the keys to our new home on Saturday. My niece is coming over to help us move, or paint, or both, and my best friend from Dallas, TX is coming up for a visit. It looks like a very busy weekend ahead. I won't be able to have Internet access for awhile, at least not until I get a paycheck. Out here, you have to pay deposits for your utilities to be activated. So paying $625 for rent, $350 for deposit, $120 for gas deposit (stove and water heater), $100 for electric, $60 for water/sewage/trash, and $20 for phone, well that adds up to more money than we have. I'm going to have to harvest the turnips and drain them dry.

No comments: